Tensioning threads or Smart Threads®
A simple medical act, which allows repositioning of sagging skin and fat. It uses tensioning or notched threads. The technique I use is called SMART®. It is a patented technique to tighten sagging tissue.
- Sagging above cheekbone and in cheek, facial oval, neck and eyebrow areas
- Loss of definition in the contours of the face
- A prominent nasolabial fold line.
Principles of treatment
- Suspension using tensioning threads under local anesthetic
- The pull exerted on the skin and the fat repositions the sagging areas.
- Inserted under the skin by use of needles
- In surgery: 30 minutes
Reduced social activity
- 1 to 3 days.
- Higher-set cheeks
- Better defined facial oval
- Repositioned eyebrows
- Reduced nasolabial fold
- Lasting effect: 2 years
The SMART® technique on the upper cheeks