Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
Principles of treatment
This unconventional light is used for rejuvenating the skin. The light emitted by a flash-lamp impacts upon the skin, which selectively absorbs it through the melanin (melanin is the dark pigment in the skin), the blood vessel network (red coloration) and the dermis.
The light, converted into heat, promotes the reduction of unsightly spots and rosacea. It acts on the elasticity and texture of the skin by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin.
The procedure is called photo-rejuvenation.
- 3 to 4 sessions of 15 to 60 minutes every 3 weeks
- Anesthetizing cream and cryotherapy make the procedure more comfortable
- A repeat session for maintenance is needed every 6 months.
Reduced social activity
- No reaction other than redness for about 48 hours
- The reaction of the skin depends on the light intensity applied during the session
- Aftercare is reduced if a healing cream is applied.
This progressive and gentle technology is one of the most effective and safe skin treatments for :
- Reducing rosacea and erythrosis (discoloration)
- Reducing freckles and lentigines
- Reducing some lines
- Reducing brown spots
- Closing dilated pores (greasy skin)
- Optimizing brightness of color
- Unifying color
- Reducing scarring.
A maintenance session is often necessary (1 to 2 sessions annually).
Result after 4 IPL sessions